Saturday, June 27, 2015

A Star Wars Cookbook Review



Today's been one of those weird days where I honestly can't remember if I actually did anything. I think I spent time on tumblr? I vaguely remember hiding when the doorbell rang. I think I ate cereal? I dunno. It's all a fog.

But lucky you I remembered it was Saturday and a post was due, so I managed to find some spare time from doing nothing to write this review post.

The STAR WARS COOKBOOK by Robin Davis and Frankie Frankeny


Before I continue, let's take one moment to appreciate the fact that Mr. Frankeny's parents named him Frankie Frankeny. Best. Name. Ever.

-First Glance

 

At first glance, I immediately thought "WHO CARES WHAT IT IS IT SAYS 'STAR WARS' ON THE FRONT LET'S BUY IT". Upon realizing it was a cookbook, the temptation of fixing the breakfast of Jedi proved to be too strong.

So pretty good first impression.

-What is in This Thing?

 

Recipes and cooking instructions and stuff.

But you knew that.

Recipe categories range from breakfast, drinks, snacks, main courses, and desserts, so all your bases will be covered for your next Star Wars soiree. To name a few of the options offered, you have Wookiee Cookies, Hoth Chocolate, Han-Burgers, and Jabba Jiggle (which is jello, of course; what else would it be?).

-Usability/Easiness

 

How often will you actually use this thing? It depends. I've made several recipes in the past during Star Wars Days or premiers/finales of The Clone Wars/Rebels. So the chances you'll use this often and not just sit it on the shelf for giggles is pretty good.

The easiness of the recipes are of a pretty good variety. They range from Cooking Network-fancy to as easy as a figurative pie. If you typically look at a recipe and say "Wow, look at all those words I bet they mean something" then you might have trouble with a couple of the more labor-intensive recipes, but the others are so simple that it balances out.

Basic instructions are easy to follow. No confusion from me!

-Taste

 

It's the food of champions! Seriously though, who cares what it tastes like? You'll be pretending to be a Jedi (or scoundrel) the entire time. Still you will be pleased to know that what I have tried tasted pretty good. (Such as Princess Leia Danish Dos; Jawa Jive Milkshake; Oola-La French Toast.)

It's totally cantina food.

-Final Word

 

10/10 Stars; You need this on your bookshelf. Amazon has it new from $5, or if you're a total cheap-o you can buy it used for 13 cents.

There is no reason you should not own this.

No comments:

Post a Comment